Free texts and images.
(*1954 – )
- de / Deutsch :
- Gerard McBurney. Britischer Komponist und Schriftsteller.
- en / English :
- Gerard McBurney. British author. Born in 1954, in Cambridge, England, studied in England and at the Moscow Conservatory. Worked as a composer, arranger, broadcaster, teacher, and writer. He has reconstructed lost and forgotten works by Shostakovich, and has published widely in the field of Russian and Soviet music. He created and presented programs on BBC Radio 3, and wrote and researched nearly 30 television documentaries. Mr. McBurney was a lecturer at the Royal Academy of Music in London for 12 years, and has acted as advisor and collaborator with many orchestras and presenters. ~ Biography ~ Works on Wikisource
- es / Español :
- Gerard McBurney. Compositor y escritor británico.
- fr / Français :
- Gerard McBurney. Compositeur et écrivain anglais.
- ru / русский :
- Джерард Макбёрни. британский автор, композитор, музыковед, переводчик.
- A meagre beam in a cold measure (Mandelstam)
- Up out of an evil clinging pool (Mandelstam)
- Into the circling choral dance of shadows that trampled the soft meadow (Mandelstam)
- The dull air is moist and resounding
|Works of this author (or translator) are generally not yet in the Canadian public domain. Exceptions to this rule must be documented.|