Because we have had problems with spam bots, new persons wanting to edit have been temporarily suspended.
J. L. Austin
Free texts and images.
(*1911 – †1960)
- en / English :
- J. L. Austin. British philosopher of language. · Biography
- fr / Français :
- J. L. Austin. Philosophe anglais. · Biographie
|There are no works on Wikilivres by this author. If you'd like to add a new text, please review Help:Adding texts.|
- How to do Things with Words: The William James Lectures delivered at Harvard University in 1955. Ed. J. O. Urmson, Oxford: Clarendon, 1962
- Philosophical Papers. Ed. J. O. Urmson and G. J. Warnock. Oxford: Oxford UP, 1961, 1979 (facsimile)
- Are there A Priori Concepts?, in Proceedings of the Aristotelian Society, 1939
- The Meaning of a Word
- Other Minds (originally published in 1946)
- Truth, 1950
- Unfair to Facts
- A Plea For Excuses, 1956-57
- Ifs and Cans, 1956
- How to Talk: Some Simple Ways, 1952
- Pretending, 1957-8
- Performative Utterances
| The original works of this author are in the public domain in countries where the copyright term is the author's life plus 50 years or less, but may still be copyrighted in the USA and some countries in Europe. Some translations may not be in the public domain. It is the responsibility of the user to determine whether the works are in the public domain in his or her respective country.