Because we have had problems with spam bots, new persons wanting to edit this site must apply by e-mail to accounts[at]wikilivres.ca.
Free texts and images.
(*1892 – †1942)
- en / English :
- Mahadev Desai. An Indian freedom fighter, a nationalist writer and most famously known for being the personal secretary of Mohandas K. Gandhi. ~ Biography ~ Works on Wikisource
- es / Español :
- Mahadev Desai. Traductor y secretario personal de Mohandas K. Gandhi. ~ Biografía
- fr / Français :
- Mahadev Desai. Traducteur et secrétaire personnel de Mohandas K. Gandhi. ~ Biographie
- Gujarati text
- Day to Day with Gandhi (his diary) post-mortem (1968)
- Gujarati text
- The Story of Bardoli, 1929
- With Gandhi in Ceylon, 1928.
- Swadeshi-True and False, 1929.
- Unworthy of Wardha, 1929.
- Eclipse of Faith, 1929.
- The Nation's Voice, 1932.
- The Epic of Travanancore, 1937.
- Gandhi Seva Sangh, 1940.
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, 1940.
- Kheti ni Jamin, Gujarati, 1942.
- The Diary of Mahadev Desai, volume I, Yeravda-Pact Eve, 1932 (1953)
- An Autobiography or The Story of my Experiments with Truth (Mohandas K. Gandhi, 1927-1929)
- The Gita According to Gandhi (Mohandas K. Gandhi, translation 1933)
|Works by this author are now in the public domain because he / she originates from India and the term of copyright has expired. According to The Indian Copyright Act, 1957, all literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works (other than photographs) published within the lifetime of the author (s. 22) enter the public domain after sixty years counted from the beginning of the following calendar year (ie. as of 2015, prior to 1 January 1955) after the death of the author. However, posthumous works (s. 24), photographs (s. 25), cinematograph films (s. 26), and sound recordings (s. 27) enter the public domain sixty years after the first publication.|
| The original works of this author are in the public domain in countries where the copyright term is the author's life plus 70 years or less. Some translations may not be in the public domain.